In 2014, hundreds of nursing graduates who were unable to find employment in Australian hospitals presented alarming statistics about the nursing business and the deteriorating employment prospects. After two more years, the situation started to get better in 2016. “Anyone seeking a nurse career in a regional location may have an even better chance of finding employment in 2019.” In 2017–18, 76% of metropolitan nurse openings were filled with an average of 9.7 candidates, compared to just 65% of regional openings that had only 3.5 applicants per opening.
The number of nursing graduates, the number of nurses registered, and the need for nurses have all increased over time. Additionally, there has been a significant uptick in the number of online nursing job openings, which has increased by 66% since June 2013 and reached near-historical heights in June 2018. Reduced job prospects are the result of a variety of causes, according to specialists like Michael Roff, CEO of the Australian Hospitals Association. They cannot, however, contest the fact that fewer jobs available reflect the pupils’ lower academic performance. The completion of key nursing assignments, including the final year research papers, directly relates to grades. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that students should offer their whole focus and spend entire nights studying to make sure that appropriate Nursing research subjects have been chosen.
Without further ado, here are some factors that students should take into account to improve their job chances while choosing a nursing research paper subject.
COVID-19 And The Nursing Profession
Aspen.edu reports that COVID-19, which rocked the world in 2020, brought about a number of previously unheard-of developments, including those in the nursing sector. The distinction is between the nursing experts, nursing professionals, and nursing students who will shortly enter the field.
The last year has seen nurses working in hazardous conditions that included unruly and possibly violent patients, inadequate staffing ratios, the absence of necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) and masks, and other workplace risks. On the other side, the introduction of COVID-19 has stimulated interest in nursing specialties that are worth pursuing, such as aesthetics nursing, medical writing, home healthcare, legal nurse consultant, insurance case manager RN, and nurse-run businesses. Additionally, the epidemic has altered how nurses provide healthcare. One conspicuous example is maintaining a social distance while providing patients with one-on-one treatment through phone and video conversations. This is telehealth, the nursing model of the future that enables greater access to treatment for both patients and healthcare professionals.
As a result, if you are requested to write on quantitative nursing research subjects, be sure to choose ideas that relate in some way to COVID-19. The epidemic and its effects on the nursing business are, after all, the best subject.
How Can I Choose A Nursing Research Topic That Is Significant And Relevant?
Finding a nursing study subject is not difficult if you keep the future nursing scope in mind. Finding a subject for a research paper that is correct, relevant, and has access to essential material from a variety of dependable sources is difficult.
Here are some tried-and-true methods for choosing a nursing research paper subject directly from the source:
Create A List Of Ideas
Finding a subject that interests you as a nursing professional is the simplest and most important step in selecting a nursing research paper topic. Never be hesitant to go outside of your comfort zone. Create a list of logical choices, then begin the choosing process. Check the news to see if anything catches your attention and inspires creative thinking.
Be Really Specific
Once you’ve chosen a wide topic for your essay, it’s time to narrow it down even more. You may use it to judge if your topic is interesting and worth reading about. If not, students may easily switch nursing research subjects. The goal is to have a comprehensive understanding of a subject before focusing on a specific aspect of it. The next step is to choose one element and provide it with additional detail.
Choose A Topic.
Getting too particular is a typical error made by students, yet choosing the best subject involves a process of elimination. The second stage is choosing a subject that seems apparent and simple yet has enough depth to support a whole research report. Start by deciding on a broad topic; the more encompassing, the better.
Define The Topic As A Question
Make a question out of the healthcare research subjects after you’ve decided on them. Is it feasible to turn that into a question? If so, attempt to come up with a succinct explanation that you can support throughout the research report using reliable information sources.
Create An Outline By Doing Further Research On The Subject.
Students in nursing programs should formulate their research questions using the format that has been accepted by the institution. Make an outline using it as your guide and the accepted format. You are now prepared to start your research paper. When choosing a subject, make sure there is enough online and offline information to expand a two-sentence response to a well-elaborated research paper.
So, the most difficult portion is over. The only thing left to do is draft your study subject now that you have one!
The next section includes 40+ ideas for nursing research paper topics that students may choose from and develop.
- Advances in Medical Research
- Preventative Medicine Practices for Senior Citizens the Risks Of Pre-Term Labor Phantom Pains And Their Causes
- Vaccination and Autism: A Connection
- Recognizing And Taking Care Of Sexual Assault Victims
- Does Telemedicine Work?
- Review the top three disease prevention techniques
- Studying obstacles to quitting smoking
- Nursing’s Future in the Digital Era
- Medical Nursing Technological Innovations
- New Approaches For Quitting Smoking
- Comparing the Systems of Public And Private Healthcare
- Fun Topics for Technological Research
- Nursing Point-Of-Care Technology
- Electronic health records (EHR) and policymaking are being integrated into nursing education to improve patient outcomes and nursing quality.
- Systems for Staff and Patient Identification in Healthcare Facilities
- Ethical Issues With Patients In Psychiatry
- Bias In The Majority Of Healthcare Financing Strategies Is Evaluated By Robotics In Nursing.
- Concerns about the morality of male nurses providing intimate care to female patients are limited to nursing. The Female Worker
- Informatics in nursing
- Technology-Assisted Chronic Disease Management
- What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Medical Services and Telehealth at Patients’ Homes?
- Primary Functions of Nurses in Educational Facilities
Topics for Pediatric Nursing Research
- Pragmatic Language Patterns For Children With Autism:
- Techniques To Improve Language Learning For Children With Developmental Disabilities
- Congenital heart disease in children and its psychological effects
- Optimization of Childhood Cancer Treatment
- Childhood Obesity: A Problem for Population Health
- Children’s Immune Systems and Leukemia Cells
- Strategies to Lower the Risk of Blindness in Children Receiving Oxygen Therapy
- What Effect Has the Pandemic Had on Children’s Mental Health?
- Childhood Acute Leukemia And Less Painful Diagnosis And Treatment
- An ethical issue prevents nurses from providing care to younger patients.
- Children And Students have Depressive disorders and mental instability
Topics for Research in Elder Healthcare
- Creating Beneficial Activities For Seniors To Lessen Depressive Symptoms
- Healthy Lifestyle Maintenance Strategies for Older Adults Late-Life Depression Management Programs for Elderly Working Women
- Sharing And Communication Of Preventive Medicine Methods
- Senior Citizen Health Promotion Strategies Obesity
- Age-Specific Community-Based Exercise Programs
- Youth Inactivity: Awareness-Gapping Techniques
- Inspiration and commitment to begin engaging in interactive behavior with children
- Participation of Seniors in a Variety of Physical Activities
- The benefits and drawbacks of elderly vaccination programs as preventative measures to lower the risk of contracting infectious diseases
It makes no difference what subject you’ve picked for a nursing essay or nursing research paper. What counts is the caliber and depth of the subject you’ve picked, as well as the veracity of the material that comes after. The next steps include expressing your views and ideas while adhering to standard tone, terminology, citation, and bibliography-making rules.
Our research topics experts’ services will help you accomplish more!